I absolutely love this elephant shape from the Silhouette Online Store – it was the free shape of the week a while ago and I’ve just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. We made 2 banners, party favor tags and water bottle labels.
The font for the banners is “SC Tina’s Baby Shower” which we cut out on patterned paper.
For the gift tags, I used the Silhouette sketch pens with the font “Pea Memorable“. There is a great text-to-path tutorial that can be found here. For the elephant I used the “erase” tool to remove the cut line for the right side of the ear. That way we didn’t have to glue on a zillion ears and I think it gives it a really cool effect.
The water bottle labels were 1.325″ x 8.5″. 8 labels fit on an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet. Print these on sticker paper for an easy way to dress up water bottles at any event!
Logan’s first birthday was camo themed so I made this card by cutting out the text with the font “Stencil” and then I glued a camouflage sheet behind it that I printed out.
And lastly for my brother’s wedding we made program fans. Perfect for a sunny Hawaiian wedding.
For my brother’s upcoming wedding we made some matching table numbers and a sign for the card box. I used the font “Script MT Bold”
Made myself this hat for my upcoming trip to Hawaii! I used the same pattern as before but did something new. When sewing the crown triangular pieces, I sewed 3 together, and then the other 3 together – finally sewing the 2 pieces (made up of 3 triangles each) together. I found this made the top seam look neater.
To match the whale softie I made, I created a card and matching gift bag for Lorenzo’s 1st birthday.
The easiest way to glue on those tiny, thin details is to just use a sticker maker. I have the Xyron one that I bought from Michael’s with a coupon.
This was a very quick and easy project. I got this free pattern from the Birch Fabrics Blog and decided to make one for Lorenzo’s birthday. I chose a Hawaiian print for the body and used a blue minky dot for the belly.
I made the larger sized whale. Only change to the tutorial was that I didn’t bother stuffing the fins.